Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Eeep Update!

So I realized its been a long long time since I posted an update. Mainly just been distracted with alot going on in real life and game, and not thought about this blog sadly. So now that im getting back to my free time I'm hoping I can get back to blogging. I also finally bought a copy of FFXI for my nifty new laptop. Now whenever I stop being lazy and buy a ps2 controller converter I'll actually play it on there. Because sadly I tried to learn how, and I dunno if its the almost 3 years of playing on PS2, or that I just suck, I cant seem to understand how to play on the laptop lol.

Lots of updates to make though since I last posted on here. Currently sitting in sky right now with my endgame ls, Lords of the Universe. And since im still trying to learn my way around, I figured I'd take the time to blog. So heres some the stuff happen:

~A good friend of my quit the game sadly :/ Though of course RL is always > than the game and he has a new married life to enjoy now. I'll miss him greatly. He was one the people inspired me to become a PLD and to hopefully someday play PLD as good as he did. Infact he actually helped me get my PLD AF in the Shitadel. We were there to 3 AM trying get key and then the coffer. And of course with my luck, my coffer appeared in the very back. And no one else I knew was on to come help open the gates so me and him spent most that night just randomly waiting on people coming by so we could get thru. I'll never forget his kindness though, and how he always was willing to help and teach. I'll miss you Havian <3.

~I finally got around to properly pimping out my RDM and PLD. Though im almost broke from doing it and still no where near finish sadly. And im starting to think I need to invest in getting Security Token for that handy mog satchel >.>;. I'd give anything for SE to make a strap that would encompass all the Elemental straps so I'd be able clear some space for that lol. But til then, carrying a full set of those seems be what takes up most my room. And of course finally got all HQ staffs cep for Light and Fire, neither of which I'd ever have use for. I got my Witch's Sash that I've been longing for and im really loving it so far. Well worth the gil spent to get it.

~Also because im suffering the white box syndrome I mainly got more of HQ pieces to replace the NQ ones I owned. All seems left to do is finish getting rest of my stuff for my convert set (hedgehog bomb: yes please!), and rest of the stuff for my MND set. I think otherwise most what I'd want is from endgame type things.

As for PLD well it got mainly more HQ stuff and some other things like Cerberous Mantle. Now for it seems just endgame stuff as well.

~And also working on my next job I love, Ninja. And it of course got a lot of loving as well. PCC which im also using on PLD because I just dig the ACC. Fuma boots because I finally gave up on that stingy NM ever dropping. Emperor's Hairpin for that same reason. And amazingly in that same week, I was doing nyzul isle and got the ??? boots from leaping lizzy which turned into her drop as well O.o. So all in all I got a lot nice new things, but im not going list everything XD.

Im really loving Ninja though. I think I now have an addiction to tank jobs. Just between PLD being the tank that can take anything, and NIN being the one can avoid the hits, it just seems so much fun to me. Also im lvling WHM just because I realized alot what I already owned for RDM could cross over to being used for WHM, and because I wanted to help my LS leader out. She was mainly the only WHM we had in our LS full time (we have others but their usually busy), and she ends up being the one has to tele everyone, run to raise everyone, etc. so I figured why not lvl it and give her a break. Its also a pretty decent job. I think from experience of main healing on RDM I wont fail at WHM lol.

~So currently jobs are as following: RDM and PLD 75 (of course :x), NIN 68 (my goal is ding it to 70 atleast by end this week), WHM 52.

So I also joined this amazing endgame LS. And how I ended up in it was actually pretty interesting story. See the first social LS I was ever in was lead by a guy named Emurei. So I was in that LS I'd say for over 8-9 months before he ended up taking a long break from the game, and I ended up moving on to Mini Mart the LS im in now. Well not too long ago while I was standing in town being bored as per usual, I ended up seeing him. Which was a shock for me because it'd been almost a year and half since I had seen him. And I remember from the first social LS I was in with him that he also helped in LoTu. And I use to think how I always wanted to be in that LS because they were always so well runned, a good all around endgame LS, and seem to be pretty well respected on my server. So after we talked for a bit, and me telling him how much I had changed since he last seen me (I want to say I was lvl 50 RDM when he took his break), he asked if I wanted to give Dynamis a try with LoTu's alternate shell for Dyna. So I waas like sure why not. Especially since it was a dyna shell that could work around my random and crazy work schedule.

And thats were I fell in love with the LS. First its nice to have one that understands my schedule, and then its the fact they have always been so friendly and nice since day 1. Infact my first night there, I went to Dynamis-Sandy and got my first relic ever, make that first 2 pieces lol. RDM and PLD. Which was a shock since most LSes I known had always ran by point system or something to that nature, so to find LS actually let me lot on my first night was nice. And then I continued doing runs with them and actually got my first set of wins, and worked onto more relic. Im currently 4/5 RDM, 1/5 PLD, 1/5 NIN, 2/5 WHM, 1/5 SCH, 1/5 BRD. Im excitied at the idea getting my RDM hat and have been crossing my fingers every run we do in Xarca lol.

So after my probation period was done in their Dyna LS they accepted me into main endgame LS, LoTu, which has been great experience so far. I've got to try out ANNMs, ZNMs (I had minor experiences with these), and now finally getting back into sky. Which by the way I finally got my first drop from sky ever. Aquarian Abjuration legs! I think my WHM is going to ding 75 into some really nice stuff lol. I'm really enjoying doing all this new stuff and learning things. I'd like to try HNMs sometime just to see what its like and to try and get chance at some the gear I want from them. As well as get into Einherjar and Limbus. Trying work on getting Sea access right now since thats only thing mission wise holding me back. But as those who know me, know im worst procrastinator when comes to doing missions <.< >.>. I was just never one for doing that kind of stuff, much less enjoying it. But the idea of owning Rajas Ring sounds more and more appealing everyday. Also trying to get a decent Nyzul Isle static going so I can finally have Death Blossom and Atonement, both which I really need. I'd previously only done Nyzul Isle purely just to try and get the stuff from there. And so far own Goliard Body and Askar Boots.

I've also been practicing my RDM/NIN stuff since I finally got around to getting it up to being able sub it. While im not the best, im starting to learn some of it. I did my first solo ever a few weeks back, killing Prime vs. of Shiva. It was a pretty easy fight, and actually fun to do. And I went in there discovering I was a nub who never bought barblizzard. But it was fun to do and I cant wait for my chance at the other Prime's.

Thats really all I can think of to update on so far. It being 12:46 AM and im suppose to be paying attention, I think I'll end my lengthy blog here. But I promise to get back to blogging soon as I really do miss doing it. And maybe put up some nice SSes that arent from my ps2.

No comments: